The main themes of the Conference are the following (the list is not restrictive):
Innovations in education
- Active learning methodologies.
- New assessment tools.
- Multidisciplinary education.
- Internet based teaching (MOOCs, webminars, etc.).
- New learning spaces.
- Outreach activities to promote structural engineering and architecture.
- Other innovations.
New challenges and topics in the education of the structural engineer
- Development of transversal skills such as critical thinking, creativity and communication abilities.
- Conceptual design.
- Engineering and the arts.
- Structural engineering, society and entrepreneurship.
- Structural Art, Construction History, Philosophy of Structures.
- Cooperation with the developing countries
- Ethics in structural design.
- New construction materials.
- Computational design tools (BIMs…).
- Other topics and challenges.